Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

W-4 Adjustment ?

I file Married filing jointly and my spouse has elected to begin receiving social security in August 2022 while continuing to work. Our income will increase by approx. 15%. How can we adjust our W-4s so that we don’t pay taxes when we file in 2023?

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

W-4 Adjustment ?

Hello dshardaway!


Yes, you can increase your withholdings by adjusting your W-4 in Step 4(c)Extra Withholding. Here you will enter any additional tax you want withheld each pay period. To calculate that amount, please use our free tax calculator : 



I hope this helps.

Thank you for using TurboTax Live!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings