ya_berezka

W-2 DOESN'T HAVE BOX D, AND TURBOTAX DOESN'T LET ME GO FURTHER EVEN I LEAVE IT BLANK OR PUT FAKE INFORMATION. HOW CAN I CONTINUE TO WORK?

In W-2 Box 'd' Control Number is missing. I can't enter any fake number or remain it empty - TurboTax doesn't allow me to go to the next page. What should I do?

Delete the W-2 and re-enter manually.

ya_berezka

I am doing it manually, and it doesn't work

@ya_berezka wrote:

You have to delete the whole W-2 and then re-enter it.

Enter w-2 in the Search box located in the upper right of the online program screen.  Click on Jump to w-2

You will land on the screen showing the W-2 that has been entered.  Click on the trash can symbol to delete the W-2.  Then click on the box to Add a W-2 to enter the W-2 again.

ya_berezka

I've done (deleted) it already 3 times, unfortunately it keeps asking me the same info in Box d.

I do not know what to do:((((

@ya_berezka wrote:

I do not know what to do:((((

Box D of the W-2 is not required to file a tax return so there should be nothing in that box.

You will have to clear your tax return and start over to get rid of this problem.  Do not import the W-2.  Enter the W-2 information from the paper copy you have.

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2020 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

ya_berezka

Actually, I took a picture of the form on my iPhone and downloaded it. And it worked!

Uph....it's different this year... before it was much more easier without any problems after entering manually....

Thanks for your responses!!!