Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

W-2 Box 11 non-qualified plan

I have been using turbotax for some years with no issue.  I receive a W-2 from a non qualified pension plan.  They list an amount in Box ! and Box 11, the same amount.  They don't have any state information in Box 15 including State ID, Employer State ID or anything in Box 16.  When I put this in and select that this is distribution from my plan, it is asking for State information.  If I fill in CA and the amount, the form gets flagged as an error during final checks.  The error says "non qualified distribution state id does not match with any states entered in box 15.  First year this has happened.   If I check the box for contribution, it goes through fine and puts the amount as wages in line 1 of my 1040.  Even though it is included in taxable income as it should be I am not sure this is correct.  But I am stuck for now.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

W-2 Box 11 non-qualified plan

You should be OK with what you describe. As long as the wages are correct on line 1 of your Form 1040, that income should flow down to the California return. You can review your state tax summary to see if the income is correctly stated as follows:

While working on your state tax return in TurboTax:

1. Choose Tax Tools from your left menu bar in TurboTax Online
  2. Choose Tools
  3. Choose View Tax Summary
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies