turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Using Desktop version of TT 2016 for estimating purposes and I cannot transfer pdf version of online 2016 (filed) version I have stored into it, help Chris

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Using Desktop version of TT 2016 for estimating purposes and I cannot transfer pdf version of online 2016 (filed) version I have stored into it, help Chris

Only a PDF of the prior tax year can be transferred into the desktop editions of TurboTax.

You need to download the 2016 tax data file (.tax2016) from the online edition and then open the return from the File menu located in the upper left of the desktop program screen.

When you sign onto to your online account using the exact same user ID you used to create, complete and file the 2016 tax return you will land on the Welcome Home screen.  Click on My TurboTax at the top left of the program screen.  This will take you to the 2016 Timeline.  Under the section Some things you can do:  Click on Download .tax file

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Only a PDF of the prior tax year can be transferred into the desktop editions of TurboTax.

You need to download the 2016 tax data file (.tax2016) from the online edition and then open the return from the File menu located in the upper left of the desktop program screen.

When you sign onto to your online account using the exact same user ID you used to create, complete and file the 2016 tax return you will land on the Welcome Home screen.  Click on My TurboTax at the top left of the program screen.  This will take you to the 2016 Timeline.  Under the section Some things you can do:  Click on Download .tax file

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies