turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Employee ID error msg but was the same last year without error. The Employer is Durham D&M with an ID of 54-2082957.What can I do to be able to E-File this return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Employee ID error msg but was the same last year without error. The Employer is Durham D&M with an ID of 54-2082957.What can I do to be able to E-File this return?

Use Durham D and M

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Use Durham D and M

I tried changing the name to Durham D and M and it still said that the ID was invalid.

Do you have any other suggestions. I'll see if IRS can verify this ID. I Doubt that they will feel that they can say it is valid or not because of some type of security.

You may have to just print and mail.

We've checked with the Durham D&M and IRS  and the EIN is correct and is in the IRS data base. Does Turbo tax have their own file of valid EIN's? last year I had Turbo Tax running on an HP computer, this year it is on an iMac. Could the iMac version be missing some EIN.s?

The problem was indeed mine. I has entered the EIN with a preceding “blank” and it was not noticed  until the final Review Check.
 The EINs of “ 54-2082957” look the same as “54-2082957” when the quote mark are not used for delineation. It would be nice if the EINs would be checked for a preceding “blank” when they are entered. Anyway I apologize   for the confusion and time I invoked. Thanks for your time and cooperation. Rex
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies