Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

wilkab

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

I got the Path act message!!!! O c’on!!!!

Tax Year Prior to 2020: It says refunds won't be processed until Feb 15th (or around the 15th) if i have Earned Income credit or Additional Child Credit; is this true with RPF or card payment?

I feel like their time frame changes to whoever you're speaking with isn't specific to any specific situation because it feels like certain peoples refunds are being processed regardless of their filing status and aren't being held to the wait period while others are.  Mid-February seems to be a broad term when referring to the IRS. I'm just a little frustrated because I'm witnessing people with the earned income credit and the additional child tax credit getting their refunds as early as yesterday and others of us are just waiting around hoping for the best. So yes it's a little discouraging right now. And it feels a little unsettling and untrustworthy that they're picking and choosing who they're making the lob be applicable to their making exceptions without justifying those exceptions. I know this for a fact because I tried calling certain people are getting their refunds before the suppose it allowed timeline according to their own la that is only being held up held in certain circumstances

Has anyone been able to get in touch with the IRS and actually get an educated response as to why certain people are getting their refunds prior to the holding period that they are stating is the law at this time?

I am frustrated too it is not fair I keep looking and all I see is return received and it is not right. I filed on the 31st
harpoleon

@lewispat221  lmao cry me a river life isn't fair but honestly suck it up it hasn't even been 21 days you didn't give them time to work your one case amongst the millions

This is not the place to have rude comments this about ppl talking about ur taxes and if ur not worried about ur taxes then y are u on talking at all nobody wants ur opinion.  If u ain't talking about ur taxes or finding out about other ppl taxes then go on somewhere else.  There already has been a comment about how they don't want ppl putting rude comments on here thank u

Ur going to address it towards me but I'm not the only saying so back off
harpoleon

@lewispat221  again cry me a river so far very few people have given it 21 days but complaining about the 15th when that isn't even the 14th day for most

My wmr just update too we have received your refund and it is being processed. No longer receiving the mid-level February message.
qweet01

@espinozabertha83 I just checked mine to and mine also changed from the path message to its being processed as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

@qweet01 I've been locked out from logging in too many times LOL..but I just checked and I am able to order my return transcripts today and last night said n/a so guess mines done processing thank God now I don't know when I'll receive my money cuz irs has me locked out!
qweet01

@espinozabertha83 so how does the transcripts work?

I was able to get my transcripts but no refund as of yet. I’ve been waiting 24 days now. My WMR still hasn’t updated.
qweet01

@espinozabertha83 lol your just like me, I've been checking everyday..lol

@qweet01  so if your able to order your return transcripts that means that your return has been processed just have to wait for your refund or a damn update. Yesterday I was only able to order my account transcripts and it said n/a for return but this morning it was available.just waiting for a update now on my refund.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies