Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want Turbotax Business for Mac

I want TURBOTAX Business for MAC 2014.

Why isn't this available for MAC if all your other products cross both platforms. I've used Quickbooks for years and now when I am hoping to integrate all my business accounting and tax needs into one neat package, Intuit falls short.

Is it available but only for download?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies

• UPDATED DEC. 2018 from  January 2013 NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN YEARS!

Hey, Look guys/gals co-MAC users - I'm just a volunteer here so if you don't like the factual answer, your best choice is call Intuit or write and complain. Calling me names does nothing 

When Apple introduced Lion and eliminated the direct function calls in to the O/S, the TurboTax BUSINESS product ceased to be compatible.  They've never chosen to spend the funds on rewriting the product, nor have they made the product available online as an alternative.

Perhaps it is simply their assessment of the size of the market - MAC users.

So, the answer is the corporation Intuit says:  "NO MAC support for TurboTax Business."  - their call - not users decision!

BEST ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION.

TurboTax Business, when combined with a companion state-level business income tax form component for TurboTax costs somewhere around $120 (Target, Costco with coupon) plus state $60 (must from Intuit) - lowest total online $180.  So, today you can purchase a cheap new Windows/10 based pc solely for the purpose of running TurboTax Business now and next year and that notebook will cost less!

Search results in decent notebooks from $125 and up

==============================================================

The alternative is to run the Windows-based product in one or another form of emulation or in a virtual machine
    SEE BELOW FOR RUNNING VIRTUAL WINDOWS ON MAC.

Sorry for not being able to give a positive response.

For those who want to express their dissatisfaction with the situation, the place to file you complaint is directly with Intuit or in public media. 

•  Posting a rant here?  Well it's only us other users here for the most part so a rant here may feel good but does nothing to move forward the production of a solution.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
bwoody23

how do I run the windows based Business turbo tax in one or another form of emulation or in a virtual machine???
bill4

I use VMWare Fusion to run Windows XP, a bit behind the curve. Fusion is optimized to run with the latest Windows Vista, 7, 8.

Maybe I have been missing out but to my knowledge TurboTax Business has never run on the Mac. I have always had to use it in emulation. Additionally I do not believe your Mac based QB file will import into TurboTax. I have always had to enter figures in the interview process based on reports.

However, I am not an accountant or on the latest version of QB, this may have changed. Intuit's inconsistent support of the MAC platform is frustrating at best but still the best app going for business, IMO.

Shouldn't Turbotax renegotiate their license fee for the SDK from Apple?    Also how can I use Turbo tax at all, if I can't begin with filings for my LLC's and S Corp---nothing will flow from one to the other ----I have a new iMAC and it rocks compared to Windows.   Please consider developing a Business version rather than just saying NO or use windows virtualization (that won't happen).   Really disturbed and now need to find another app

victoria - possibly a good idea but this is not the place to get a response - as this is mostly user-to-user with a few TTemployees bouncing in
Best best - raise a campaign of MAC users and hit Intuit with a mail or call-in campaign
If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.
mssalenta

Scruffy, that's a lame excuse.  How does Intuit explain Turbotax Home and Business for Mac? Apparently they had not problem with upgrading that product.

mssalenta, perhaps you forget or choose to ignore and simply want to rant but I am not nor ever have been an employee of Intuit - I am nothing more than a retired firefighter here to help folks.  You obviously do not wish to hear a rational explanation but even so this is the wrong place to rant since no one but other users will read your words.  Good bye

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
mssalenta

My comment was not directed at you, Scruffy.

you wrote:  "Scruffy, that's a lame excuse"   so . . . and it was not an excuse - but simply stating a factual matter of how they apparently had decided to address the market  -  Similarly, they've eliminated support for a number of State business forms because they seem to have decided they don't have enough of a market.

On the other hand, the good news is that there is movement by Intuit to support MAC - at least in other products.

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
mssalenta

So it's not the MacOS, but a TurboTax business decision.    Thanks for the discussion.  I'm disappointed because I have been using PC and Mac and was porting all to Mac.  I just bought Intuit  2014 Quickbooks for Mac.  That's why their decision just does not make sense.  The interface from QB to Turbotax Bisiness is so convenient...oh well... Maybe next year.

I think they are moving to support MAC in a range of products - we'll just have to wait and see

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
drlee56

So, where is the download for Home&Business? That page does not appear to exist.

drlee56   see below

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE

- Just donating my time
drlee56

I found it after I posted my question. Thanks for the response.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies