Get your taxes done using TurboTax

• UPDATED DEC. 2018 from  January 2013 NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN YEARS!

Hey, Look guys/gals co-MAC users - I'm just a volunteer here so if you don't like the factual answer, your best choice is call Intuit or write and complain. Calling me names does nothing 

When Apple introduced Lion and eliminated the direct function calls in to the O/S, the TurboTax BUSINESS product ceased to be compatible.  They've never chosen to spend the funds on rewriting the product, nor have they made the product available online as an alternative.

Perhaps it is simply their assessment of the size of the market - MAC users.

So, the answer is the corporation Intuit says:  "NO MAC support for TurboTax Business."  - their call - not users decision!

BEST ALTERNATIVE SOLUTION.

TurboTax Business, when combined with a companion state-level business income tax form component for TurboTax costs somewhere around $120 (Target, Costco with coupon) plus state $60 (must from Intuit) - lowest total online $180.  So, today you can purchase a cheap new Windows/10 based pc solely for the purpose of running TurboTax Business now and next year and that notebook will cost less!

Search results in decent notebooks from $125 and up

==============================================================

The alternative is to run the Windows-based product in one or another form of emulation or in a virtual machine
    SEE BELOW FOR RUNNING VIRTUAL WINDOWS ON MAC.

Sorry for not being able to give a positive response.

For those who want to express their dissatisfaction with the situation, the place to file you complaint is directly with Intuit or in public media. 

•  Posting a rant here?  Well it's only us other users here for the most part so a rant here may feel good but does nothing to move forward the production of a solution.

If this posted response is useful to you, please click on the upraised hand in the lower left of this post. Thank you. Scruffy Curmudgeon--PFFM/ IAFF, retired FireFighter/Paramedic - Locals 718/30, Veteran USAR O3 AIS/ASA '65-'67

NOT INTUIT EMPLOYEE
USAR 64-67 AIS/ASA MOS 9301 - O3

- Just donating my time
**Say Thanks by clicking the thumb icon in the lower left corner -it means nothing but makes those than answer feel wanted.