Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Follow these directions to post 1099-Misc, box 3 income not subject to self-employment taxes.

• Down the left side of the screen, click Federal.
  • In the center of the screen, click Income & expenses.
  • On the screen Your income and expenses, scroll all the way down to the last section, Less Common Income.
  • Click the Start or Update button for the last topic, Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  • On the next screen, Let's Work on Any Miscellaneous Income, scroll down and click the Start or Update button for the last topic, Other reportable income.
  • The next screen asks, Did you receive any other taxable income. Click Yes.
  • On the next screen, Other Taxable Income, enter a description and the amount. Click Continue.
  • On the next screen click Done.

The income will be reported on Schedule 1 line 8 with the description that you entered. 

Thanks for your response. Does this exclude the stipend from being taxed? Your directions say to enter it under Other Taxable Income, so it seems like it's going to be taxed. I was wondering if the stipend can be excluded from taxes, since our IHSS provider salary is excluded from taxes if we're live-in providers.

Your wages may be exempt but not the stipend.  If it was meant to be tax free it would not have been reported on a tax reporting form. 

It seems I can enter my 1099-MISC form for the stipend in the regular 1099-MISC section. It doesn't seem like I need to enter it somewhere else, like in Other Taxable Income. 

Ok ... enter it one way or the other ... it will all end up at the same place.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies