Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

caegroj

Unable to update mailing address to AP, military. community best answer does not show the screen shots mentioned in answer. Can someone assist?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Unable to update mailing address to AP, military. community best answer does not show the screen shots mentioned in answer. Can someone assist?

What is the link to the previous thread you are referring to?   We don't know what you looked at.

And you also have not explained your situation enough.  What's the story on why you are updating mailing address, and where are you trying to update it?  

Are you referring to the mailing address shown on your return? 

Did you previously enter an address in the My Info section and now want to go back and correct the address?  

Or did an old address from last year transfer in to your 2020 return, and you need to correct it and provide a current military address?

I can show you screen images for how to enter a military address for the mailing address in the My Info section, but I want to be sure there's not something else to the story first.

caegroj

Thanks for the response. Yes, i want to update my personal info. I need to update my mailing address as we are living abroad and have a military, AP, address.

caegroj

Thanks for the response. Yes, i want to update my personal info. I need to update my mailing address as we are living abroad and have a military, AP, address.

I'll make you some screen images.

@ caegroj 

What you will see when you go through the My Info section will depend on whether you have already gone through that section previously, or if it's your first time through the My Info interview.   If you finished the My Info section previously, then when you click the My Info tab in the left menu column, it will probably open a Personal Info Summary screen.  If so, scroll down that summary page until you see category "Mailing Address" and way off to the right is an "Edit" link.   When you click to Edit, that opens up the mailing address screen, and you will be able to make changes like my images below.

If you haven't been through the My Info section previously, then a few screens into the My Info interview you'll encounter the following (see 3 images) .  NOTE:  This example is strictly for illustrative purposes.  You'll have to select your own type, of course.

When you select "Military" on the first image, the screen formatting will change so you can enter the rest.

military_address1.png

military_address2.png

military_address3.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies