turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

babak1

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

Your answer is not helpful and it seems you didn't understand the question. There is an error message as soon as you enter your username or psw, and apparently many people have this issue.

Anon2244

Unable to import from Charles Schwab, says "the entered value does not meet the login id requirements"

June 14th 1PM ET. 

Same issue. Incredibly frustrating. Definitely a TurboTax issue, not a Schwab issue. 😡

meblake93

I have same problem and DID upgrade to the Premium.  Very frustrating!

Same issue here.  TurboTax Premier.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 Same issue. Please fix!

SarahT123

I am having the exact same problem as everyone else (Sunday June 14, 2020). TurboTax, please fix this bug ASAP or I will have to find an alternative product to do my taxes. There is no way I can enter all of my info from Charles Schwab manually! And don't post responses that willfully misunderstand the issue! This is obviously a bug and you need an engineer to fix the bug STAT so your paying customers can finish their taxes. Thank you.

Yes, it is a confirmed bug that started Friday afternoon  in online products only - desktop versions work fine.    It has not yet been reported to or address by TurboTax because TurboTax is closed on weekends.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
CityGirl

I too cannot upload Charles Schwab, which will be the most time consuming part if we have to manually enter it. What is the benefit and why does it note Schwab is included if it actually isn't.    I tried one recommendation and changed my Schwab login and it still didn't work, I get the same message. There is an obvious issue that Intuit is not fixing or acknowledging.  

Same issue here with logging into Charles Schwab only to download tax information.  Fidelity worked fine.  CS worked fine last year.

Stinks!

I'm having the exact same problem as everyone else.

Please fix this.

I am having this issue as well.  I am logged onto my Schwab account in a different tab and I manually typed in my user ID and password, so I know they are valid.

The validation pre-check on TurboTax for this connection is in error and the webDev team needs to review their validation code.  (it's in error)

Thanks!

Steve

saraturley1
Returning Member

Hi There - this is not the issue at all - the log on information is correct - the intuit turbotax site is not reading the log on correctly and the errir message is being generated - I am clearly NOT the only one this is happening to. 

Yes, it is a bug and has been reported TurboTax.   The developers do not work on the weekend.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I got the same issue.  this is the bug in turbo Tax and not a user error.  

crolast

I have this problem, too. It also happens to the password.  In addition,  Fidelity also fails in a different way.  The login is simply rejected.  Both accounts are able to be successfully logged into with the TurboTax rejected logins and passwords.  This is a critical issue because as it relates to an individuals most important and secure accounts.   I must also say this software is worthless if it can't import information from external accounts.  I find it very puzzling and concerning that this late in the year that TurboTax hasn't recognized and addressed this problem.  How has anyone used this software before?

Manage cookies