Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

reellyliang
Returning Member

unable to e-file for amended

I used turbotax  Premier version on window to file tax return. Then I realized I made some mistake, then I prepared an amended tax return. When I try to do e-file, it says "unable to e-file", "It looks like you've prepared a federal amended return form 1040X. It also looks like you haven't e-filed the 1040 through TurboTax. To e-file the 1040X through TurboTax, you must have e-filed the 1040 through TurboTax.".

When I click the "Check E-file Status", I can see my federal and state tax returns were accepted successfully. Please advise what I should do. Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How long ago did you e-file your original return?  It takes 3-4 weeks for the IRS to "process" your return.  Acceptance of e-file returns does not equate to having it processed or reviewed by the IRS. 

reellyliang
Returning Member

It's about 2 weeks since I filed original tax return. I already received refund from both Federal and State.

Anyway, I had to re-do it for amended tax return, this error is gone. I encountered another error "We can't e-file your return because we are unable to locate the attachment at / attachment/Form1116ScheduleB.pdf. Please go back and re-attach it. Then try e-filing again". I had to follow the instruction here to e-file successfully: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-credits-deductions/discussion/re-2021-form-1116-schedule-b-car...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies