Unable to e-file, caught in a "We Need a Little More Information Before You E-File" loop

I'm at the last step of e-filing, screenshot below: 

clipboard_image_0.png

After I click the "Transmit Returns Now" button, a screen pops up with the title "We Need a Little More Information Before You E-file", screenshot below:

clipboard_image_1.png

After hitting the "Continue" button, the next screen asks me to check my SSN:

clipboard_image_3.png

I searched in TurboTax for a federal personal information worksheet, but none appeared. Then it goes through a series of screens asking to verify name and address, all of which are correct.  When I hit "Continue" on the last screen, it takes me back to the beginning screen:

clipboard_image_4.png

No matter what information I enter, it just keeps going through this loop and won't proceed further.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated of how to solve this. 

Can you go through the REVIEW tab again and does anything show up?

Apparently it's a problem with the California return.   

"California information worksheet-- Taxpayer's SSN should not be entered directly on the California Information Worksheet for electronic filing.  You must complete the Federal Personal Information Worksheet."

I suspect you already filled out the Federal personal info worksheet when you prepared the Federal return.

If you go into Forms Mode, there are 2 information worksheets in the Federal forms list.  I don't have a Mac, but in the Windows version they are abbreviated as "Info Wks" and "Personal Wks".   

I'll see if someone familiar with a California return can assist you.   @ VolvoGirl do you know why this error is being generated?    I think @ macuser_22  may still be out of pocket.

I wonder if it's similar to this problem.   Did you make any direct entry on your California state worksheet or when running the state error check?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-ssn-name-address-etc-should-not...

I didn't enter any info directly on the California return.  Also when I ran the error checks, I didn't get any errors. 

I'll post it where other CA forum helpers will see it, but most won't be checking the forum at night.   You may have to phone TurboTax Support tomorrow to troubleshoot with you in realtime unless you get any suggestions from someone familiar with California.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

OK thanks much for your help!

Thank you, this helped!