Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax Premier program offers state efile for $19.99. This year and last year it charged my credit card $24.99. Why?

Thanks. You really need to search for it.

Turbotax Premier program offers state efile for $19.99. This year and last year it charged my credit card $24.99. Why?

There is no mention that the price changes March 1

No it doesn't say a date.  It used to change mid March but the last several years it's been on March 1. It just says prices subject to change.  After a couple years using it you get to know the price goes up.

kennlee1

Just switched to H&R Block Deluxe with state. Program costs 21.00, and it was 19.95 to file the state. Had a friend with TurboTax deluxe, so I entered the same info just to verify the calculations, and both came with the identical amounts due. Score one for H&R Block - my new go to tax software. Take that, Intuit.

dvorakt1
Returning Member

using windows 11 and turbotax deluxe 2022.

when attempting to e-file my virginia state tax i select charge by credit card.  A box appears most of the time a blank white pop-up.  Sometimes the box says "lets complete your purchase online.  I think this is the state tax charge of $20.00 but almost looks like it wants me to pay for turbotax because it says "Did you already pay for this product.  There is a link dirrectly under it for me to enter a confirmation number.  The link does nothing and the contunue button does nothing.  How do i get past this to pay the e-file of my state tax and pay by credit card

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you preparing your taxes using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download software?  @dvorakt1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dvorakt1
Returning Member

not online using the software turbotax delux

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Yes that is the fee to file your state return by e-file. If you are unable to pay, please click here and give us a call so we can process this by phone. @dvorakt1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies