Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tbarbertab62
Returning Member

Turbotax Premier 2022 / can't import .txf files / reports no importable data

I'm having issues importing .txf files using the desktop version of Turbotax Premier 2022. It says that the file has no importable data. I've check the file and it looks fine. I also tried to import last year's file (which imported fine into TT 2021 Premier), and it also fails to import. There seems to be an issue with the software.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

you can't import. if you have a .tax2021 file the procedure is to transfer before ever starting 2022. once started transfer of 2021 data is no longer possible

tbarbertab62
Returning Member

I don't understand what you mean. All of my 2021 data was transferred into my 2022 return. I am working down in the Business Income section and trying to import a .txf file for a Form 1065 partnership (MLP). The .txf file resides on the hard-drive. TT asks if I would like to import the file, then I select .txf file. It opens the import window, looks like it is importing as expected, but comes back and says the file contains no importable data. The file is okay though. I viewed it with notepad and compared it with last year's file, and everything looks correct.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies