turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is stuck in endless loop trying to efile, due to excess elective deferrals on W-2. Am I forced to file by mail in this case?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax is stuck in endless loop trying to efile, due to excess elective deferrals on W-2. Am I forced to file by mail in this case?

TurboTax is aware of the e-filing issue that you are having and is currently working on a solution. An update to fix the issue is expected to be released around 4/5/2019.  

Be sure to sign up for updates to be alerted as soon as there is a solution.  If you do not want to wait for an update, you have the option to paper file your tax returns as this is only an e-filing issue.

You can check out this recently added TurboTax FAQ for more information: Excess 401(k) Contribution Preventing E-filing.

foobar

Did the update work?

No, they didn't fix the software issue. The only "update" they made was to the support article, which just points users to paper file.
brett

Nope, not working yet
brett

TurboTax - PLEASE get this fixed! In my specific case, contributions were returned to me in 2018 already, I received a 1099-R from Fidelity with code 8 and you (turbotax) clearly know about it since you have added it to my W2 income on 1040 line 1.

Please improve the intelligence of the check before e-filing. This test should not be less aware than all the tests applied when answering the questions. This test is clearly lacking some logic.

I have now paid $25 for a state e-file that I am not able to use (can't e-file state if federal is not e-filed).

Been a happy customer for > 10 years but this is just pushing me over the edge.......

Still in the loop. PLUS I was charged more than was previous on my other returns. What the hell is going on. I have been using Turbo for many years and no glitches at all. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies