Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax payment didn't process my federal tax payment with the app now I'm being charged a failure to pay fee and interests. Will TurboTax contact the IRS to resolve?

TurboTax payment didn't process with the app and when I queried your organization, since I received no further communication, I was told to make the payment directly with the IRS federal payment online. I received a letter in the mail this weekend with failure-to-pay free and interest charges added for the month delay. This would have been higher if I didn't contact TurboTax when I did. Will TurboTax contact the IRS and resolve this and have these fees removed from my profile since it was the app the never processed my payment?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

TurboTax payment didn't process my federal tax payment with the app now I'm being charged a failure to pay fee and interests. Will TurboTax contact the IRS to resolve?

No TurboTax will not contact the IRS and pay the penalty.  You need to do that yourself.  Then file an accuracy claim with TurboTax and if it determined to be TurboTax error, TurboTax will reimburse you for the penalty.  You have 60 days to file your claim.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-account-billing/submit-claim-turb...

Sorry no.  Turbo Tax just sends your bank info to the IRS to debit your account.  If your bank routing number or account number were wrong the IRS couldn't pull it out of your account.  Or were you suppose to mail a check?  You should double check the numbers with your bank.  Some banks use different routing number from deposits and payments.  You need to pay the IRS as soon as possible to stop the interest from accruing.

Here is a blank 1040V payment voucher.  Write your ssn 1040V 2023 on both the front and back of the check.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040v.pdf

Or Pay the IRS directly at

Https://www.irs.gov/payments

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies