marcuscato

[TurboTax Online] UI help with filing W2C amendment

Hello, 

Please can someone help me with detailed steps for filing an amendment for a W2C

Received W2C draft/numbers from my employer and wanted to test out how to amend my Tax Return when ADP finally issues me the finalized version.

I am using TurboTax Online. I went to the Dashboard page and clicked on "Amend (change) Return". Under "Why are you Amending?" I picked "Adding or updating a tax form" and then selected "W2 form".

Do I edit the existing W2 with new numbers or do I click "Add another W2"? Pls help with detailed steps from there.

SteamTrain

@marcuscato 

You just change the appropriate changed numbers on the existing W-2.

And then on the software page (or two pages) after the main W-2 form display there is a page with a bunch of checkboxes, you mark the box indicating it is a "Corrected" W-2.

_____________________________________

One should note that some corrected W-2 changes (W-2C) do not require an amended tax return.

1)  If your company deferred some of your SS withholding late last year, and you've now paid it all back, and they are issuing a W-2C for that....then an Amended tax return is not needed for that.

2) Some changed or added entries in box 14 of the W-2 don't require an amended tax return...some might...I think it depends on what category was changed...but I'm not really an expert on those.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

fanfare

you are updating, which is the same as editing.

SteamTrain

@marcuscato 

_____________________________________

MULTIPLE POSTS made  ... please read the prior answers before posting the same question again 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4483618

SteamTrain

@Critter-3 

...... ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGH ! 

marcuscato

This is not the same question. The other one was about whether to file amendment or not and when to file etc. This one is very specific to how the Turbo Tax UI works specifically