Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax latest update has a bug that generates error 102345

Summary:

Under Federal Taxes-> Less Common Income+ Miscellaneous Income -> Other reportable income 

adding too many lines or having long descriptions (not sure) corrupts the file.   TurboTax tech support please look into this.  When trying to open the file I get:  "We're having trouble opening your file... Error: 102345 Click for solution".     This issue can be reproduced every time starting from a non-corrupt file

Details:

The error is exactly the error displayed on this link:  https://qasolved.com/turb[product key removed]5/

The error started happening after the latest TurboTax upgrade (March 17, 2022).   I talked for 2 hours with a TurboTax representative and as expected only investigated things that could be wrong on my side (deleting my cookies and browsing history, updating all my drivers, re-installing turbo tax, etc.).  When nothing worked, the representative told me I must have a corrupt file and have to start my taxes all over (notice the backup that was created days earlier also according to the agent was corrupt as it wouldn't open either).
While I was convinced the file was not corrupted, I realized that I had little chance of getting this resolved so decided to start a new application but this time I did multiple backups at each step.

I can reproduce the problem every time.   As long as I don't enter multiple lines of other miscellaneous income the software works just fine.  However, as soon as I enter them, some areas of the software start to fail.  For example, calculating child and dependent care credit enters a loop and throws all kinds of errors and does not allow me to finish the section.
If I don't enter the miscellaneous income, I can complete the child and dependent care credit without issue.
Saving the file after adding the miscellaneous income makes the file unusable and generates the error 102345.   I am thinking (and I cannot be sure without looking at the code) that the program needs some protections.  I believe that TurboTax is probably is getting some overflow of storage or incorrect pointer that breaks the code.

I would be happy to work with TurboTax engineers to reproduce the issue (unfortunately, the support person told me that it is not possible.  However, if that is not accurate, please reach out to me).

Some notes to consider that might or might not have impact on the problem:
- I have the California state module installed
- I file as a single individual with a dependent (pointing this out as the dependent section was the first to break).
- I added 8-10 miscellaneous income entries that cause the issue.
- I have TurboTax Premier desktop edition 

I hope this can be fixed ahead of the April 18. WinPerRelease [phone number removed]
TurboTax.exe 2021.47.22.85

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am watching.  I have the same error code.  Began happening after updates installed between 4/2/2022 and 4/8/2022.

The error box comes up along with a link "Click for a Solution" that sends to an unavailable page.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax help article on the error. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-102345-or-error-1932147737-occu...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies