Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax keeps telling to to fix my MN return before I can e-file

When trying to e-file, Turbotax keeps telling me to fix my MN return with this error:

"Form M1:  Federal AGI Electronic Filing has been selected; Line 1 must equal Federal Adjusted Gross Income..."

My Federal Adjusted Gross Income is negative and Line 1 shows it as a positive with a check in the corresponding box.  I was warned of this by Turbotax when starting my return, "A Note About Negative Federal Adjusted Gross Income .....On Minnesota Form M1, the negative income amount is displayed as a positive number.  A box is checked on the form to indicate that it is negative.  So, don't be alarmed...."   The 2019 Form M1 instructions also say that this is correct.

Yet, it seems Form M1 is not accepting this and I cannot e-file, and the e-file charge has already been sent to my credit card.  Is this a bug that will be remedied? Any ideas?  I do not want to mail my return in.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

Bumping this up.  I'm still awaiting a response to this issue, please.

Thanks.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The link provided below should be able to assist you with the issue you are having when trying to e-file your return:

E-filing Problems

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same exact problem. 

That link is totally unhelpful, Tiffany. Please offer a different solution.

I also paid for efile. My guess is this is a simple error where the program is forced to match the numbers, one of which is negative, but the other which must be entered as positive, with the check box to indicate it is actually negative. If I can not efile, I would like a refund.

The error disappeared and I was able to e-file.    I would suggest retrying.  Not sure the e-file will be accepted, however, because I had negative AGI.  We'll see, I guess.

Well, what do you know? Mine worked as well. Have no idea why but there we go. Thank you for letting me know @wheels 

I do notice that the pdf (paper) version of the filing is different from the error correction interface in that the AGI entry on the interface was input with a negative sign and no checkbox while the pdf one had a checkbox. Perhaps the error happened because of this mismatching? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies