jmllathrop-gmail

Turbotax is prompting me for an EIN for my payer on my 1099-NEC. I don't have a sole payer and rather multiple clients paying <$600. I want to file how should I fix this?

Turbotax is mandating an EIN for my 1099-NEC which is otherwise blank. I don't know how to delete it? How do I get around this issue and file! Someone else has had a similar issue and said they had to delete a second copy of the form that was blank. New to the software.

MaryK1101

If you did not receive a 1099-NEC from a client, you can enter the income on the Schedule C as Other Self Employment Income.  See below..  To delete the 1099-NEC entry see How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

MaryK1101

jmllathrop-gmail

This fixed it thank you! Deleting the form was all I needed to do.