turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am getting a blank screen when I attempt to pay

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
RyanP83

I had this same problem.

First thing to know is that the payment window may pop up as an additional window in turbo tax or may pop up in a different browser window; i.e. internet explorer (be sure to check all the icons at the bottom of you task bar).

Second, close and restart turbo tax program. It will save your progress thus far. When you reopen the program it will perform updates. This is ultimately what fixed the problem for me. ( Again, it opens in a separate browser window, not directly within the turbo tax program.)

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images for assistance with troubleshooting your blank screen issue. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I paid for Audit Defense, the browser window was too large for my standard 1920x1080 laptop screen, so that the [Back] and [Continue] buttons were off-screen. I had to guess that the blue sliver was [Continue].

When I attempted to pay for state e-file, the browser window was now completely blank. I tried several times.

The likely problem is TurboTax for Windows does not handle scaled screen resolution, which is common and even recommended in Windows 10. I right-clicked on my desktop, chose Display settings, then under "Scale and Layout" I changed "Change the size of text, apps and other items" from 150% (Recommended) to 125%. I quit and restart TurboTax for Windows and the blank window problem was gone and the window wasn't too large. It seems Intuit's programmers don't deal properly with scaling in Windows. Note that this fix is not in the random laundry list of things to try in that "Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images " link. It should be the first thing in the list to try.

I have the same problem. I have an extended display for my laptop. When I drag the blank box to the laptop screen (desktop is my main display), I saw the registration box. I think it is related to the display setting. Try to use only 1 monitor to see if it can fix the problem. Good luck!   

I spent four hours trying to efile, a two hour call to TT and never was there a suggestion on screen resolution! It worked and I was able to pay the state filing fee and submit my taxes! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WISDOM!!!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies