Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbotax does not show refund amount/owed while i'm doing taxes

In previous years, Turbotax showed the refund (or owed) amount while my doing my taxes. Specifically, this is the $$$ figure, located at the top of the screen, that changed in real-time as you entered in various tax forms.  Is this a feature that can be enabled? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you are using the TurboTax online editions, click on Review on the left side of the online program screen.  The refund meters will then be shown.

View solution in original post

Click "Review"to make that refund monitor appear.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Depends on where you are in the process:

1) Sometimes you just have to turn off RaceTrac mode. (if that's what is showing).

2) Sometimes there is a "carat" to click  < or > or ▲ or ▼ up in that display bar.

3)  Sometimes jumping over to the Federal "Review" will get it to display, then you jump/navigate back to the area you really need to work on.

_____

Yeah, those user interface programming folks aren't really helping anyone with some of the extra junk they seem to "think" we want.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

6 Replies

If you are using the TurboTax online editions, click on Review on the left side of the online program screen.  The refund meters will then be shown.

Click "Review"to make that refund monitor appear.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Depends on where you are in the process:

1) Sometimes you just have to turn off RaceTrac mode. (if that's what is showing).

2) Sometimes there is a "carat" to click  < or > or ▲ or ▼ up in that display bar.

3)  Sometimes jumping over to the Federal "Review" will get it to display, then you jump/navigate back to the area you really need to work on.

_____

Yeah, those user interface programming folks aren't really helping anyone with some of the extra junk they seem to "think" we want.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

None of these suggestions work.  nothing I do brings it back - please stop adding stupid things like the racetrack mode that only add frustration to an already frustrating process and don't remove one of the few useful things you have in your UI!!!!

@FUintwoit

MISSING REFUND MONITOR

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/customer-complaints/dont-see-tracker-sho...

S3K

I watched this number every single step of the way in previous years.  I found that there was no way for me to see my current $$$ status this year unless I went into "review" and clicked thru it.  Way to go Intuit!  Removed a super useful tool!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies