Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbotax Deluxe PC Win10 won't download my State tax forms, stuck doing update loop

I am trying to complete the State portion of my taxes, but the program will not download my state. It will try but then just get stuck in a loop of doing updates. I was able to do all updates and do my Federal taxes no problem. But when I try to start the state portion, Illinois , it won't download it.

When I try to start the state portion, it will do a check of the update which goes thru fine and does not find anything new. I've tried clicking the "Get Another State" button and re-download the state information since it says I've already downloaded it. I hit the check box and click the "Download Now" button. It will run the state downloader, attempt the download, then says "Your software is up to date". But I can't start the state and the loop begins. I also have tried to remove the state return by going to File | Remove State Return, but there is nothing in that list to select.

I have also uninstalled the program and tried to delete any leftover files excluding the *.tax2019 file. I then reinstalled it and completed updates. However it did not ask me for my license key again after the reinstall and it still had the existing 2019 tax file as an in progress tax return, so I think I missed some files or maybe a registry entry.

turbotax.versionjpg.jpg

So at this point i'm stuck and don't know what to do. Is there another way to download the state information? Thanks for any help that you all can offer!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbotax Deluxe PC Win10 won't download my State tax forms, stuck doing update loop

If  you are having issues, please contact customer support by following the instructions below.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rgibowicz1943
Returning Member

Please provide with correct telephone number to contact TurboTax

JosephF8
Expert Alumni

What is the TurboTax phone number?

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kakadu

I had the exact problem with Illinois state download. It was resolved by following the instruction in this post:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-[product ke...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies