turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Deluxe Download include State?

I've been purchasing the TurboTax Deluxe CD for years.  My current laptop does not have a CD ROM.  I logged into my account to look into the TurboTax Deluxe Download.  However, I'm confused.  It shows $39.99 Federal Only and says "State Additional".  When I click on that, it says another $39.99 for the State and it will transfer your data for you.  With the CD version, I've always been able to use one State, and Turbo Tax would move all the data over and get it prepared.  I would then either print it off and mail it in or pay an extra fee to have it eFiled from the TurboTax software.  Please help me and my confusion.  Will the TurboTax Deluxe Download be the same that I'm used to, where it still gives me one state and transfers all data to the State, and then my choice to pay extra for eFile vs print and mail?

Thanks,

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies

Anyone?

how did you purchase TT this year?  I've never seen Deluxe version available for $39.99 and is it possible you purchased an offer that didn't  include a 'free State'?  Suggest calling TT directly to sort out 

I haven't purchased it, which is why I'm asking here.  It's $39.99 on this site for the download and it's $39.99 for CD on Amazon and includes State.  Again, not the State EFile, but includes one State preparation.  I thought coming to a TT forum would provide me some sort of answer, but I guess TT moderators don't respond.  I'll just purchase the CD and call them with the number to load and I'll download that like last year.  

I see that on Amazon... that is a GREAT price for Fed and 1 state

It's the same price on the Intuit Website, I just can't tell if it includes 1 State.  The download says to get state, you have to pay another $39.99, but looks like that may include the eFile too.  I'd like to know if the $39.99 download includes the 1 state too (not the eFile , just preparing it so you can pay extra to eFile or print and manually send in).  I'll call Intuit tomorrow

Dave123

Print you returns and e file ,both are the same,at least that's the way I see it.
windwman
Returning Member

This will be my last year of buying TurboTax, after using it exclusively for over 10 years. The sneaky decision to NOT include the State program in the Deluxe version is a sham! I have looked at my older boxes, and sure enough, it was always included in the Deluxe version. Now it's only in the Premier & Home/Business versions. I didn't realize this until I finished the Federal part...then it's fork over another 40 bucks, please!

I always used to buy the physical disc at Walmart. Then they stopped handling it. This made it a little less convenient, and now this cheap move puts the nail in the coffin.

Goodbye, TurboTax

Curious how much you paid last year and how much this year for Deluxe?

I paid the same both years for Deluxe included one free state each year and (from memory so I may be wrong ) it was whatever is on the TT Advantage website.... about $70 both years

Not including “state” really benefits those in FL, TX and other states where there is no state filing requirement - they no longer pay for something they don’t need

One other thought.... where did you purchase TT and how much did you pay?

Intuit website sells Deluxe for $70 which includes 1 free state and Amazon sells the same package for $40

Since I couldn't get a straight answer for the Download through Intuit, I bought the Physical Deluxe Disk at Sams Club for $39.  Same as Amazon.  It comes with Federal and free eFile and it comes with 1 State you can print or eFile for an additional $19.99.  Just like it's been the past several years I've used it.  

I ended up having to purchase a $40 External CD/DVD drive for my laptop, but at least now I have it for other things.  

I bought mine for $39 at Sams Club.  Comes with Federal + eFile.  It also comes with 1 State, but you have to print and mail in or pay extra $19.99 to eFile.  Same as previous years.  THat was the question I was trying to get answered about the Download on Intuit, but never got a firm answer and nobody from intuit responded

Bought the Deluxe, no free state for 2018. I have used TT for many years. Now I'm done. Moving on to free file or other competitors.

TT customers can vote with their feet.

Adios!

azmat

The PROBLEM of misrepresentation continues in 2019 Tax Year.  Just heard today that TT has been 'forced' by the IRS to CORRECT their coding which misdirected taxpayers to the PAID version of TT rather than the free one when that was all these tax payers needed.   I bought the Deluxe + 1 State Download from Amazon. When I get to download state the $39.99 pops up - small chance it is a bug - BUT if this happened last year I think it is a CHEAT.  TTHelp at Twitter said "If this $39.99 is popping up you have already got a state"  - which I HAVE NOT. 

I use TT to do the return - BUT always use the FREEFILLABLEFORMS SW - basically copying/ typing in numbers from TT to the forms.  I DO NOT want to share any of the details with IRS or TT.

SO Mr/Ms: TT FIX THE 'included state'   problem. 

BTW I am on a Mac, Catalina 10.15.2

First tried download with Safari - same issue with Firefox.  [once Deluxe Fed SW is downloaded it shouldn't matter which browser you use]

hoaiduc

I bought TurboTax 2019 Deluxe with State at Target Price $39.99 ( on sale now)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies