Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax Deluxe 2019 Macintosh program crashes

@UserGad wrote:

Since it is a bug, will you guys give me a free download of the Windows version so I can finish my taxes? I've been a long time user and I do everyone's taxes in my house. I'd be disappointed if I had to pay for another version just to get this done.

Thanks.

I said that it must be a bug and I reported it to the moderators to report to the developers.

You would have to ask TurboTax that if they will do that.  Call customer support.

There is no single published number because it changes contently depending on the nature of the call and agent availability. Following the link below will either give a current number for you to call or take your number for a callback.

(Note that phone support is for paying customers only. There is no phone support for Free Customers.)

Here is a TurboTax FAQ for contacting customer support.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks.

Sorry,  I thought you were part of Turbo Tax lol.

-

@UserGad wrote:

Thanks.

Sorry,  I thought you were part of Turbo Tax lol.

-

"CHAMP"'s  (used to be called SuperUsers) are just ordinary users like you who have shown a knowledge of tax laws and have provided accurate answers over time and then they have direct access to the moderators and some other internal information (not to be confused with "EXPERTS" who are TurboTax employees - usually temporary seasonal) - we are here year around.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Update to TurboTax Home & Business (Macintosh Desktop) ~ and now the app crashes about every 2 minutes. 
Unable to determine a reason, a consistent phase or repeatable pattern other than it won't stop crashing. No new updates available. TurboTax support continues to downplay the issue, insisting it is an anomaly related to my environment. How many complaints on the phones and here in the forums will it take for Intuit to take a closer look and take this seriously. 

genegalej

My problem sounds just like yours except I use 2019 Mac Home & Business.  I talked to a rep. 20 Mar 2020 he said they were aware of the problem but did not have an answer to when it would be fixed, 11 days later so far NOTHING.  All I have left is to file, about where you were but I can't do that as the program on start-up shows the "Please wait while we verify everything is up to date," in the on screen message box then crashes.  Right now the program is totally useless.  Help is very much needed and appreciated.  

@genegalej wrote:

"Please wait while we verify everything is up to date," i

That is usually due to corruption in a support file.

Corruption could have occurred in the Application or in an associated preference or support file.

The best remedy is to totally uninstall TurboTax and all associate files and then re-install. That will not delete or change any .tax2019 data file that had already been created with the tax data.

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

Thanks Macuser22,

Your advice is right on. You have to be persistent. I was able to e-file, but when it was time to print and save PDF's turbotax just crashed no beach ball. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. 3 times before I was able to print without crashing. I have been using turbotax for over 15 years with no problems.

Thank You, 

This sounds very familiar. I have had the identical problem. I spent an hour and a half with a support representative who assured me that my problem was that I had too many cookies. I tried downloading the program on a different, much newer Mac. The update took hours, but it then ran and recognized the data file from the previous trial. Because my problem occurred previously when I was trying to pay to file my state return, I decided this time simply to file the federal form. I was allowed to print my return, but when I attempted to file it, TurboTax crashed. Subsequently, any attempt to run the program leads to the message "Please wait while we verify that everything is up to date," after which it crashes. This is exactly what it did on the other computer. I agree that the Intuit people don't know much about Macintoshes.

TurboTax 2019 (Premier) also crashes on Macintosh 10.13.6 and 10.14.6. The problem is with TurboTax, not with the computer!

Thank you! Thank you! Your advice worked. Why don't the Intuit representatives know this (especially the bit with the "Close" box)?

I have found the perfect solution.  I bought my TurboTax software at Costco.  I got all the way through the document preparation so I could at least see the final figures, but the program crashed on my Mac before I could e-file or print.  So I took the software back to Costco, got a refund, and sent my tax stuff to the CPA I've worked with for years.  They charged me $400, but I'm getting back over $2,000 MORE than I would have using TurboTax.  And no, there's no cheating or fudging involved.

The TurboTax software created a lot of extra time and headaches for me this year, but ultimately I'm glad I got the opportunity to compare it with using a tax professional.  I am officially done with TurboTax.

So frustrating! Have used TT for years never a problem. MacBook running Catalina 10.15.4. TT Home & Business.  Just paid for my state when it crashed. Still can't get in. Reinstalled once. Didn't work. Terrible support. 

This is, line for line, EXACTLY what happened to me. I see this experience is happening to many people. Like everyone else, I tried doing a thorough deinstall including all the Library files, reinstalled, and nothing changes. 

My two best guesses are that it's a problem with Intuit not using the same Java as up-to-date Macs use, or recent security updates in MacOS see something in TurboTax as potentially malicious and MacOS shuts it down.

This advice has been repeated several times in this thread, and it is useless. Intuit is in denial about having a very serious bug in TurboTax. There are too many people experiencing the exact same crash at the very same step for this to be a one-off situation. It occurs in High Sierra, Mojave, and Catalina versions of MacOS (10.13.xx to 10.15.xx). The amateurishness of the programming is appalling, but these robotic and worthless messages from Customer Service are a perfunctory brush-off. Fix the problem, Intuit!

I'm also experiencing the same problem. Help, please!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies