Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax 2021 - Chase Import Not Working

Try getting a support ID  through the help menu (conversation bot ask for "talk to a person") and then call 

[phone number removed]. Wait would be shorter. May be able to get a more definitive answer as to when this import issue rom Chase Investments may be resolved. If not soon, I will have to use some other tax prep package..

> "Since Chase Investments is not listed on our Partner list"

@CarissaM please do your research before replaying with invalid information

Chase Investments is listed on the partner list at https://www.intuit.com/partners/fdp/implementation-support/tax-import/program-overview/partner-list/...

The feature is clearly broken, please check internally and provide ETA when will the issue get addressed.

You know most places don't have the 1099 import files ready until late February.  The pdf form you see online is not the file that is imported.  They have to make the import file available to Turbo Tax.  Import files always take longer.

When can you import a 1099?

When will I be able to import my 1099?

The date imports were going to o be available was yesterday. Chase has had the pdfs available for a week now.

@VolvoGirl That's a fair point. In case you are right, Turbotax should display the "Chase Investments" option in the list and display dates when will the import become available. They do the same already for a range of other 1099-* integrations.

Update:  Intuit Investigation No. is INV-1812

1) Online version of TurboTax does import data from Chase just fine (you have to select "Chase Bank" as there is no option to select "Chase Investments"). I verified that it pulls the information correctly.

2) Desktop version is still broken. Intuit acknowledges this issue and they are "diligently working to address"

I'm so sorry to hear that you’re experiencing these issues. This sounds like a frustrating situation, and I want to help. I have looked into this for you and currently, we are aware of this issue, and we are working diligently to correct this. I know this is a stressful time and I want you to know that we take every single error seriously! Thank you for your patience. -Debra

Thanks for this.  The forms only became available on 2/15, so it makes sense that the issue wouldn't surface until then (and can now be corrected).  Hopefully it'll be a matter of days and not weeks, but I'll try again every few days, and allow at least two weeks before taking other measures.  As another poster pointed out, with hundreds of entries, manually inputting them all would be arduous and would create a very high risk of typing errors during the input process (resulting in conflicting data between the 1099 and the tax return).

Same is happening for me in that at one point there was no place  to enter Chase ID and password, but now you can enter those but get the message "This part of our site is not working right now.  Please try again later.  Thanks for you patience.".  It said this yesterday, too.  First year I've had a problem with it and am pretty unimpressed with the turnaround on fixing the problem.  

On the bright side, they asked me to switch to Online version with a 20% discount while trying to return the CD to Sam's for a refund (not sure if Sam's will even accept a return on an opened CD). Alternatively, you could try your luck with the following link to get a refund on your Desktop version. I think if enough folks try to get a refund, Intuit will get off their seats and fix the problem?

How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

I tried several ways with "Chase Bank" and "Chase Investments". None of them works. How can I import information to my 2021 income tax?

connosha
Returning Member

I found this out earlier as it was working online, but then had to switch to my desktop version.  Any idea how you can get on a notification when it is fixed?

I have having a similar issue for my brokerage account using TurboTax desktop where the username/password field was not showing up in the doc import screen.  I tried some other brokerages to see if there was a similar issue.  One of them prompted me to sign into my intuit account.

I went to File --> Login and logged into my intuit account.  Now when I hit continue in the document import screen another window pops up for me to enter in my brokerage username/password.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@twojtalewicz Were you able to then successfully import the document after that?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jt2190

I was running into similar problems and ended up choosing "J.P. Morgan Securities".  It has a link to generate a OTP code.  That worked to import my self-directed investment account info.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies