Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LASNT
Returning Member

Turbo Tax won't let me e-file form 1041 because one of my estimated tax payments was late.

Turbo Tax won't let me e-file form 1041 because I entered a date for one of my estimated tax payments that was later than the date it was due.  The box says to enter the actual date which I did because I sent it late. It won't file the form until I change the date to make the payment on time. The program already added the penalty for that so I don't know why it won't e-file. I would prefer  not to send it through the mail it and if I change the date I'm sure the IRS would know it and I'd be in more trouble.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax won't let me e-file form 1041 because one of my estimated tax payments was late.

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LASNT
Returning Member

Yes I'm still having the problem.

I'm using a Lenovo notebook with Windows 11 Pro OS Build 22631.3155 which was updated today.

I have TurboTax Business and updated that as well today.

The Federal review tagged the date of the first estimated tax payment which I made in June with the second payment. It says the date should be on or before April 18, 2023 and wants me to change it. There is no button anywhere that lets me indicate the date is correct. Just the Continue button. The same thing happens when I try to e-file.

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies