turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax says that I need to enter a CUSIP no. and since I do not have a individual bond there is no CUSIP to enter. It wont let m e- file without entering something.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax says that I need to enter a CUSIP no. and since I do not have a individual bond there is no CUSIP to enter. It wont let m e- file without entering something.

You are supposed to be able to enter "various" in box 14, but that doesn't work either...so...Leave box 14 blank.

Unless you re a GA resident, and then you need to wait until TTX fixes their problem, and you sign up for notice here :

(there is also an option to mail it in for a GA resident, but who wants to do that)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4318225

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

4 Replies

You are supposed to be able to enter "various" in box 14, but that doesn't work either...so...Leave box 14 blank.

Unless you re a GA resident, and then you need to wait until TTX fixes their problem, and you sign up for notice here :

(there is also an option to mail it in for a GA resident, but who wants to do that)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4318225

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I entered 00various.

I was finally able to enter CUSIP0000 and was able to file. I might get a question from the IRS but it is and easy one to answer. even the IRS might understand that one.

I could not e-file my 2022 Fed Tax without entering "00various" in the 1099-INT form box. There was no requirement for a CUSIP number as it was blank on my form yet, TurboTax required a number to e-file. They need to fix this as your post was from 2019, four years ago. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies