turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax says my federal return was accepted. However, IRS online says it has not received my return?

I am not receive a refund and actually owe (typical) and they did of course take the payment.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Turbo tax says my federal return was accepted. However, IRS online says it has not received my return?

If you efiled, you can double-check with this tool to be sure it was accepted:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

You said: "IRS online says it has not received my return."

The IRS "Where's My Refund" tool is for people getting a refund.   You said you owed and made a payment.

However, if you want to try, you might be able to trick the "Where's My Refund" tool by entering in one dollar; i.e., the single digit 1 without a decimal.  It might give you an indication that they received your return.  It works for mine.

But if it says it cannot find you, that won't necessarily mean anything, since it's normally a refund-only tool.  

Since you said your return was "accepted", that should be proof that you efiled and that they received it.  You should have an Electronic Postmark page in your return paperwork that you should keep for your records.   And you said they took your payment.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies