Unfortunately, the computers between these firms and TurboTax stop speaking to each other. There is nothing we can do until their parents force them to communicate. This is being worked on now.
One work around I've used in the past is to try the import from another area. You have 1099-DIV's from these two firms. If you go to the Investment Income area and say you are going to import 1099-B, sometimes your correct forms will come through another door.
When we go through the import process, it pulls all tax documents from the various firms to TurboTax.
1. Go to Federal, then select Wages and Income.
2. Choose Investment Income, and Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds and Other.
3. You will Yes to the next two pages that you have sales to report and you have a 1099-B.
4. The next page is where you will import. Type in the name of your brokerage firm or choose from the boxes, Continue.
5. The next page will require you to type your brokerage User Name and Password and click on box that you aren't a robot.
6. There will be an additional security measure to click on the pictures that they ask you to match, Continue.
7. The next page will list all your information at your brokerage firm. This information may be more than just your 1099-B. Choose the information that relates to your taxes, such as 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-R, as well as 1099-B.
8. Click Import Now.
Still have questions?Make a post