j-trevino

Turbo tax is stating my employer ID is invalid for electronic filing. I spoke with my HR and she stated I should be able to

MichaelL1

Totally remove the Employer ID as there might be a accidental comma or period in that area

MichaelL1

Make sure the EIN (or FIN) is entered and not the control number.  It should be 2 digits --7 digits
j-trevino

It is. I'm not sure what the problem is.
MichaelL1

Invalid for importing into TurboTax or e-filing?
j-trevino

It stated is employer ID is invalid for efiling. My HR I should be able too.
MichaelL1

totally remove the Employer ID as there might be a accidental comma or period in that area.
j-trevino

I was able to file! Thanks so much!
MichaelL1

My pleasure, I am posting a short answer so others know this is taken care of.  Thank you
erparker

Had the same error.  There was a leading space in the EIN.  Once deleted it went through fine.
MichaelL1

bm12497

I totally removed the space and double checked the number provided on my W2 and it still tells me the number is invalid for efile

JeanneLO

@bm12497

Try deleting the form and then re-enter completely again: How do I delete a W-2?

If this does not work reach out to your HR department to ensure the form is correct.

vgf

I think this is a TurboTax bug. I retyped the EIN several times as prompted, but the leading space remained in the value.  Only when I went to the highlighted blank at the top of the page and placed the cursor next to the first digit, then hit delete, did it finally remove this space and allow the e-file to work.  Very annoying!