Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo tax is only transmitting returns I file where I take the standard deduction. Can this be looked into and FIXED???

Was able to transmit the two returns I filed which took the STABDARD deduction.  Have not been yet able to file the one which ITEMIZED deductions!

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax is only transmitting returns I file where I take the standard deduction. Can this be looked into and FIXED???

A return for the year contains ALL the income made during the year.  There's only one 1040 you should file.  Total all your income and standard/itemized deductions and file them all on one return.

As for the one(s) you've already filed, I imagine you'll be hearing from the IRS.  Wait until you have all info needed (2018 income and deductions) till you file for real.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

A return for the year contains ALL the income made during the year.  There's only one 1040 you should file.  Total all your income and standard/itemized deductions and file them all on one return.

As for the one(s) you've already filed, I imagine you'll be hearing from the IRS.  Wait until you have all info needed (2018 income and deductions) till you file for real.

Whoever responded to this missed my entire point.  I think there is s bug in the software!  I file two standard returns for two OTHER people; Turbo tax transmitted both.  The one I tried to file where the taxpayer itemized was NOT transmitted by Turbo Tax!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies