Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arose400

Turbo tax has me filing as 'single' though I was unmarried and paid for more than half living expenses and supported qualified person.

Live with my partner and our son. Partner is stay at home mom. Claiming our son, but can't claim significant as dependent.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax has me filing as 'single' though I was unmarried and paid for more than half living expenses and supported qualified person.

Glad I could help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Single is right unless you qualify for Head of Household based on your son.  Has she lived with you the Whole Year?  She had to make less than $4,050 total income to claim her.

Oh when was your son born?  He should give you Head of Household Credit.  A child born (even on Dec 31) is considered to live with you the whole year.  So pick the Whole Year at the top of the drop down box.
arose400

That did it. I had him as "2 months", not the whole year. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Glad I could help.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies