Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jeep guy

Turbo Tax Deluxe 2021 Won't Install

No after restarting for the third time all is good

Ebony A
Intuit Alumni

Glad to heart it - thanks for the update @Jeep guy.

Once downloading is completed, ignore the error message and do following,

Go to your Downloads file folder 

1. find 'windows_per_turbotax' and right click

2. select 'run as administrator' and click

3. click install

Simple fix but took 57 min phone call with Turbotax

You appear to be an Intuit employee?  Perhaps you can contact someone in management that they have an issue with windows 11 and their support staff over the phone don't have the answers!  Spent all day reading, re-reading, and reading again from this link.  Finally got it to load and then open without error.  They should want to fix this to avoid having people express their frustrations and have others read before wanting to purchase.

I believe it is Bourbon:30!  Time for something to soothe the nerves!

fjhunt734
Returning Member

I give up. Who do I call? Wasted 4 hours already day in “no valid path” errors. Cannot update, uninstall or reinstall 2021.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with someone who can assist you.

@fjhunt734

fjhunt734
Returning Member

While waiting on hold, I found a Feb 2020 post that suggested the following which worked.  

Run this Microsoft tool to correct the uninstall problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-[product key removed]ams-being-i...

Wish I could have found this solution more quickly.

69-nad

purchased Turbotax Deluxe from Amazon but cant find the code only the license number. preventing me to activate  program

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax help article. I can't find my license code.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/00/852973

@69-nad

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
lensgaga
Returning Member

I tried your fix RIP in Franklin and it still did not work.  I keep getting message that "The file is not a valid Windows file".  I have spent hours online with TT 'help' and nothing.  I have had Geek Squad check my laptop and then try to run the program with the same results.  No one seems to know HOW to fix my problem.  We I found out after THREE downloads and buying the CD that TT will not work.  Geek Squad even talked to TT helpline AND found this thread and after working on my PC, still could not get it to load.   After GS guy says they have had more issues with TT from customers, decided to try another company's program.  Got reimbursed for TT downloads AND the CD I bought.  Purchased HR Block download and SAME RESULT!!!  Finally gave up and borrowed my daughter's PC to try it there.  Hers is much older than mine, has not had much done to it but did update to Win 10.  Loaded perfectly!!  ARRRGGGGGG!!!  What in the world!?!?  Still has me stumped and WANT TO KNOW THE FIX!!!  I am stubborn that way!!  Oh well, taxes are done and will be filed Monday.  Have to pay so no rush, lol.  

I have spent 2 days trying to install and use TT 2021 including calling customer service; all to no avail.  The customer service rep closed my inquiry (via email) before i even hung up the phone.  This is an absolute nightmare this year!!! We are going to have to file for an extension bc TT 2021 still isnt functioning properly.  TT 2021 is such a waste of money.  I have been using TT for over a decade; but TT 2021 is not letting me enter W-2 info.  THIS IS COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE!!! 

I have spent 2 days trying to install and use TT 2021 including calling customer service; all to no avail.  The customer service rep closed my inquiry (via email) before i even hung up the phone.  This is an absolute nightmare this year!!! We are going to have to file for an extension bc TT 2021 still isnt functioning properly.  TT 2021 is such a waste of money.  I have been using TT for over a decade; but TT 2021 is not letting me enter W-2 info.  THIS IS COMPLETELY ACCEPTABLE!!! 

Hi,

I could not figure out this issue so I installed the software on my work laptop. Then I found your answer and changed my environmental variables by going to the control panel, selecting environmental variables,  and changing them to c:\temp and c:\tmp and the package was finally installed. Thank you for your research and for sharing it with us! You are my TurboTax hero! Thank you!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

We are happy to hear your issue has been resolved. 

Please let us know if we can assist you further. @superpicker

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
joanjps
Returning Member

I am getting the message that it will not install because the program is being used by another process. I reviewed task manager services, apps processes and such does not exist and I also disabled my anti-virus/firewall and backup program.

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies