Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

turbo tax crashing......

This question was for Turbo Tax, I ask that you TT please respond.

HAS THE ISSUES WITH CRASHING OF TT PROGRAM ON MAC, WHICH WAS HAPPENING IN 2022 BEEN RESOLVED?

Thanks for your anticapted answer.....

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

turbo tax crashing......

And even if you do decide to try desktop again.

Do Not buy and install it until mid-late January.

Anyone buying it now is more likely to encounter massive problems with it....by mid January, the most glaring software problems have been fixed  (Though not all forms will be ready until sometime in Feb).  Don't even buy the installation software until mid-January.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

7 Replies

turbo tax crashing......

You need to contact Support.

How do I contact TurboTax? (intuit.com)

turbo tax crashing......

I contacted support and spent a couple hours on the phone with them and still was unable to resolve the issues I had with my TT program crashing.  I had to complete my tax return online for 2022 year.  I JUST NEED TO KNOW IF THOSE ISSUES WITH THE PROGRAM CRASHING WAS FIXED FOR THE 2023 PROGRAMS?  

turbo tax crashing......

Since the issue you were having with the 2022 Mac desktop edition was not systemic, I doubt you will get an answer to your concern either here on this forum or from TurboTax support.

Go to this TurboTax website for the Mac minimum system requirements for the tax year 2023 desktop CD/Download editions - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/tta-system-requirements

turbo tax crashing......

And even if you do decide to try desktop again.

Do Not buy and install it until mid-late January.

Anyone buying it now is more likely to encounter massive problems with it....by mid January, the most glaring software problems have been fixed  (Though not all forms will be ready until sometime in Feb).  Don't even buy the installation software until mid-January.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

turbo tax crashing......

TT Mac has started crashing on me after the latest update. About 10 crashes in the last 2 days. Was fine since Black Friday when I downloaded it.

turbo tax crashing......

@mollinmark 

Call Customer Support and get it reported:

They claim to be open for weekend call-in now.

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

turbo tax crashing......

TurboTax has a lot of resources available to help Mac users with their product.  If you're still having issues with the program crashing then click on this link and walk through some of the troubleshooting tips for TurboTax Mac users.

@mollinmark 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies