Solved: Turbo Tax CD: Can't print or create a pdf

Thehammers1

Turbo Tax CD: Can't print or create a pdf

Please help, I can't seem to print or create a pdf. Everytime I try either one, the program stops responding and I have to force quit. I have no problems printing or creating a pdf in any of my other programs.

I want to check over my forms before filing and then have a copy to refer to in the future.

Please help!

macuser_22

Don't quit. It usually only blocks the printing of the state for some reason.

Give it longer to complete - up to 30 minutes.    Some users have identified that some external process is blocking the Mac print function.   A couple of users have found that some anti-virus software was doing it - even though that software had been uninstalled there was still a component left behind.

Thehammers1

OMG, that was it. All I needed to do was wait. It actually didn't take long either—10 minutes.

I have never had this happen before either. Weird!

But then again, there have been a lot of issues for me with this software this time. In my 22 years of using Turbo Tax, I have never had so many problems with the program.

Thank you so much!

mesquitebean

Since you used the term "force quit", are you using a Mac?

Thehammers1

Yes

mesquitebean

I'll see if I can find someone using a Mac to help you.

@macuser_22    Are you please able to assist in this thread when you are next in the forum?  Thanks.

macuser_22

Thehammers1

Ok, I'll give it a try and wait.

I don't have any anti-virus software—so that can't be it.

Thanks! I'll let you know what happens either way.

Thehammers1

Thank you so much!

macuser_22

Usually once it prints then subsequent prints are fast.   This is NOT a TurboTax problem - all TurboTax does is call the standard Apple OS print function.  it is something that is external and unconnected to TurboTax that blocks the Apple print function from responding and makes it run slow so TurboTax "hangs" waiting for the Apple function to respond.

Greenvi11e

I was to save as .pdf file.   BUT! when I send it the file to a flash drive, it reverts to the TurboTax format.  My printer is not working, and the return is for my son-in-law.  What are my options?

You can save as a PDF.  Are you on Windows?  Go to FILE - Save to PDF.  Then pick what forms to save, then click Save as PDF at the bottom and either navigate to the flash drive or see where it saves it, then copy the pdf file to the flash drive.    Either you are not first saving it as a pdf file or you are copying the .tax2019 file to the flash drive.