Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

GRAYTech

TT Business Not Ready To Process Your 2023 Returns

Same issue, not able to E-File the State Return (WI).  Federal went through.  Wisconsin requires you to E-file so I can't just mail it.  Someone posted a link to request a refund and go figure, that doesn't work either!

I guess it's my turn to spend an hour with a non-english speaking support person to learn there is a solution coming, please be patient only to be disappointed with the next update.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

There are many reasons why an income tax return can not be e-filed.  I don't know if any of these apply to your return.

Returns can't be e-filed if they:

Many nonresident and part-year state returns cannot be e-filed either.

You can mail in your WI income tax return.  Click here for mailing instructions for your particular return.

Where do I mail my Income and Fiduciary Tax Returns?

If you are filing Wisconsin Form 1, send your return to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue at:

If refund or no tax due

PO Box 59
Madison, WI 53785-0001

If tax is due

PO Box 268
Madison, WI 53790-0001

If homestead credit claimed

PO Box 34
Madison, WI 53786-0001

The rule requiring e-filing WI returns generally applies to people that prepare tax returns: "The administrative rule requiring the electronic filing of individual income tax returns applies to any person or entity engaged in the business of individual income tax return preparation, regardless of its legal form. This includes sole proprietors, partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations that prepare 50 or more Wisconsin individual income tax returns."

Click here for information on the WI e-filing requirements.

Click here for "Why Can't I E-File my Return?"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GRAYTech

The error message I'm getting "TT Business Not Ready To Process Your 2023 Returns"  doesn't sound like any of the reasons you provided.    There is also a notice in TurboTax but I can't find confirmation online that WI requires electronic filing for Estate returns. So strike two TurboTax, won't allow me to file and misinformation. on top of it.  

Guess I will just mail it and see what happens since there doesn't seem to be a solution to this problem.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Are you using any of the unsupported forms:  Please check here for form and efile availability: Business State Forms Availability 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies