Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Trying to complete my fed review but get an error. It says part 1 of form 8915-F has not been finalized. Wait for upcoming release? When will it be released???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Trying to complete my fed review but get an error. It says part 1 of form 8915-F has not been finalized. Wait for upcoming release? When will it be released???

You must clear your browser cache and cookies if you see this message. The forms have been finalized.  I'm also including instructions on how to enter the information in case you have any issues.

Here is a workaround provided by expert DanaB27 that is working-  

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully. Try both options if necessary. 

Please try these steps to fix the issue: 

1. Login to your TurboTax Account  
  2. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”   
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  
  4. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R, answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R, then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R, click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info ” screen) 
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen 
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?" 
  7. Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click continue 
  8. On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen, I selected the blank entry and clicked "back 
  9. Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here" and continue. 

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information: 

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax. 
  2. Select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools" in the left menu. 
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form". 
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions. 
  5. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”   
  6. Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  
  7. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R, answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R, then enter all 1099-R, and after entering your last 1099-R, click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info ” screen) 
  8. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen 
  9. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?" 
  10. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here" and enter your information. 

Please let us know if this works for you. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I tried your fixes and they did not correct the issue.

turbo tax is still telling me to wait until the form is finalized.

please help!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here is a workaround provided by expert DanaB27 that is working-  

Be sure to follow the instructions carefully. Try both options if necessary. 

Please try these steps to fix the issue: 

Login to your TurboTax Account  

Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”   

Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  

If you do not have any 2022 1099-R, answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R, then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R, click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info ” screen) 

Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen 

Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?" 

Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click continue 

On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen, I selected the blank entry and clicked "back 

Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here" and continue. 

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information: 

Open or continue your return in TurboTax. 

Select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools" in the left menu. 

In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form". 

Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions. 

Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”   

Click on “Jump to 1099-R”  

If you do not have any 2022 1099-R, answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R, then enter all 1099-R, and after entering your last 1099-R, click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info ” screen) 

Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen 

Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?" 

Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here" and enter your information. 

Please let us know if this works for you. 

Hi!   Thanks so much for attempting to assist me!

You instructed me to check YES that I took previous disaster relief,   

the problem is….  I didn’t 

so what should I do?

BrittanyS
Expert Alumni

Form 8915-F is for the disaster relief distributions for paying back the 2020 Covid distributions.  If this does not apply to you, you must delete form 8915-F.  Then select no for the disaster relief question.  To delete form 8915-F, follow these steps:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. Select "Tax Tools" and "Tools" in the left menu.
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form."
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr."

@johntonywright 

guideboat

There seem to be any number of ways to clear this "error" in your return. I suggest you look in the upper left window where it says "View". Click on that and then click next on "Forms."

All the forms on your return will appear, with a list running down the left side of that window. Form 8915-F will have a noticeable red mark next to it, but you won't be able to make any changes on it there. Look instead on the form above it that also has a red mark. It's the workbook for FOrm 8915F. 

On that form you can uncheck the box that says you took a disaster distribution. Once you uncheck that box, all your problems with this **bleep** form should go away.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies