Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lomalak

transfer my file to online

I have completed my granddaughters traveling nurse taxes only to find out I can't file in the 4 states needed on the desktop version.  How do I transfer the file to the online version without having to go through the tedious hours it took to get the taxes done.

Time is running out.  We don't even live in the same state for me to print one for her to sign and mail.

Help!

Lois

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am not a TurboTax expert, but this thread seems to indicate that you cannot transfer a file from desktop to online for the same year. You can use last year's file to start an online version of taxes, but that seems like it won't solve the problem that you've already finished the taxes and don't want to repeat that work.

can I switch from desktop to online TurboTax after starting my taxes? 

Can you possibly save a .pdf version of the taxes, send them to her (or use dropbox or another online document server), and have her print them, sign, and mail them to the four states? 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  They can help you transfer everything over. Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sorry no you can't move a current year Desktop return to the Online version.  You can only Transfer a prior year Desktop return into the current year Online version.  

Why can't you file the Desktop returns?  I believe you can efile up to 3 states and print and mail the 4th state.   How many different state returns in the Desktop program.

How many state returns can I prepare in the TurboTax CD/Download software?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies