turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I want to see the payment method I used for taxes due, and want to see bank account number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
Arunkumar

I want to see the payment method I used for taxes due, and want to see bank account number

To view or change your bank routing and account information, you will revisit the File section of the TurboTax program.  Click on File, and proceed through the interview.  You will come to the screen where you can view or change your banking information.

If you have already e-filed, you will have to wait until your return is accepted or rejected by the government.

• If your return is rejected, correct the account information(along with any other information you need to correct in order to e-file.
  • If your return was accepted, and there are any discrepancies in the banking information, the bank will reject the refund and return it to the IRS and the IRS will send you a paper check instead.
tgalvez

I owe money! I processed my federal return but I wasn't given a chance to review my bank account information. Now I can't get into the screens to see what account was used for the debit. Technically, I never authorized the debit either since the program never asked me to confirm the account.

NOW WHAT?!

MayaD
Expert Alumni

To review you bank information after filing, you can print or view your TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page.

1. Sign in to your TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down and click "Add a State"  (You won't add a state, just to open the return).
  3. Select "Tax Tools" (left column) and then "Print Center"
  4. Select "Print, save, or preview this year's return"
  5. Check the boxes for your Federal and State returns (this will open further options)
  6. Choose to include the government and TurboTax worksheets 
  7. Then click "View or Print Forms".
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hcpt05

I want to see the bank account number I have on file.

To review you bank information after filing, you can print or view your TurboTax Electronic Filing Instructions Page.

1. Sign in to your TurboTax.
  2. Scroll down and click "Add a State"  (You won't add a state, just to open the return).
  3. Select "Tax Tools" (left column) and then "Print Center"
  4. Select "Print, save, or preview this year's return"
  5. Check the boxes for your Federal and State returns (this will open further options)
  6. Choose to include the government and TurboTax worksheets 
  7. Then click "View or Print Forms".
Chundt68

Can not view my tax payment info.  My routing and date for withdrawal.  The suggest method does not work.  
thanks

chris 

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

See @Critter instructions and follow them closely - the information you are looking for is on "Filing Instructions" page, in the first box labelled Balance Due/Refund.

Example:

| Your return shows you have elected to pay your balance due of $3,527.00 by Direct Debit using the following information:

| - Amount Withdrawn: $X,XXX.00

| - Account Number: XXXXXXX

| - Routing Transit Number: XXXXXXX

| - Date of Withdrawal: 07/15/2020

_______________| _______________________________________________________________________

If you print a copy of your e-filed return, however, the bank routing number and your bank account number will be "XXXXXX'd" out as a security measure. 

There isn't any good reason to have that information floating around on a piece of paper where it isn't needed. 

If you choose to print and file your return by mail, the information will be displayed. This is another reason why e-filing is a safer method for submitting your return - it avoids having your name, social security number, address and banking information traveling cross-country in an envelope. 

The time to verify your bank information is when you enter it, immediately before e-filing. 

@Chundt68

emmaconc
Returning Member

Could this be a glitch?  I E-filed on 5/3/21.  Both federal and State were accepted.  I also chose an electronic debit payment and entered all the pertinent information.  However, only the State drafted the payment.  I've noticed on the State under balance due, it showed that I have elected to pay balance due
by Direct Debit, my banking information and the withdrawal date.  Unfortunately, the Federal didn't show the same instruction on the page.  It said to mail.  Was this a Glitch?

I’m wondering the same thing. I swear when I was filing my federal return the program asked me if I wanted to debit. I answered YES and it asked me the date I’d want it to happen and then I continued. 

I got a refund from the state that deposited, but federal didn’t draft. I wasn’t sure if Federal drafts the money or if TurboTax sent it. I thought the government was behind and it just didn’t happen yet. Well, I get an IRS letter in the mail with Late fees and penalties.  I’m going to try the TurboTax chat tomorrow and see if they can tell me what happened. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies