Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mshih

What box do I check in TurboTax to indicate that I will file the FinCEN Report 114 (FBAR) through the government's BSA E-Filling System Website?

I am an US person that has signature authority over, but no financial interest in, at least one financial account located outside of the US; and the aggregate value of all foreign financial accounts exceeded $10,000 at any time during the calendar year reported. I do not own this foreign bank account nor have I received income from the foreign bank account.

I cannot find in TurboTax what box I need to check?

I understand that I will need to file the FinCEN Report 114 (FBAR) through the government's BSA E-Filling System Website (separate from TurboTax).

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
RichardG

What box do I check in TurboTax to indicate that I will file the FinCEN Report 114 (FBAR) through the government's BSA E-Filling System Website?

To get back to the section in TurboTax Online that asks about foreign bank accounts, go here:

• My Account
  • Tools
  • Topic Search
  • Type "foreign account" in the search box
  • Click foreign accounts and trusts, questions on schedule b in the search results below.

If you're using TurboTax Desktop, type "foreign account" in the search box at the top right of the screen.

See the screenshot attached below.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RichardG

To get back to the section in TurboTax Online that asks about foreign bank accounts, go here:

• My Account
  • Tools
  • Topic Search
  • Type "foreign account" in the search box
  • Click foreign accounts and trusts, questions on schedule b in the search results below.

If you're using TurboTax Desktop, type "foreign account" in the search box at the top right of the screen.

See the screenshot attached below.

mshih

Thank you! This is exactly what I am looking for.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies