turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to update cell phone number

went into my account/account settings/security
no space for cell phone number
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JuanJ

To change your phone number you can sign into TurboTax  and go to

My Account.
    Account Settings

This will open the Review and edit your account info page, where you can update your User ID, password, name, email, security question/answer, billing/shipping info, and payment information.

If you want to change the phone number on your Tax Return, you can go to the Personal Info tab and change your number there. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JuanJ

To change your phone number you can sign into TurboTax  and go to

My Account.
    Account Settings

This will open the Review and edit your account info page, where you can update your User ID, password, name, email, security question/answer, billing/shipping info, and payment information.

If you want to change the phone number on your Tax Return, you can go to the Personal Info tab and change your number there. 

I know this sounds easy but I'm not finding my settings or security or anything if you could help me out again now would be really awesome I need to change my cell phone number really bad thank you for listening

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions below to update your cell phone number.

How do I update my TurboTax account information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm no able to sign in because of the two step verification and my phone number has been changed.

@KellyThurber wrote:

I'm no able to sign in because of the two step verification and my phone number has been changed.

See if you can get in using this Account Recovery tool.   Do not run the tool on your phone number, since you no longer have it.   Instead run it on any email addresses you can still access.    If still no luck after that, I've also left info below on a "Try Something Else" method.

Once you get in, be sure to go to the Intuit Account settings and update the phone number, two-step security settings, etc.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.   Since you no longer have the same phone number, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Nate78
Returning Member

This is [removed]

Nate78
Returning Member

This is Nate78

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Nate78

You can edit your account information by following the steps in the Help Article here.   

For your safety, please make sure you are not posting personal information on this public forum.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies