Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

This year turbo tax didn’t ask about my healthcare insurance any idea why?

@angelaboggs See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 as requested by the IRS - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

Exactly. Paid $90 for what? And now I have to submit forms and have my refund held up for an additional 6-8 weeks. I knew something was up when it didn't ask for it. 

WARNING Turbotax acts like they are the best in the business but forgets to ask and direct taxpayers to this very important page. This is extremely irresponsible on their part. I paid over $100 dollars only to be sent a letter yesterday telling me that I need to send in form 8962 before they can process my taxes. I am looking at a total of 6-8 weeks wait now. I also had to fill out the form on my own with no help from turbotax which took me several hours. I feel cheated and will pursue a full refund for not providing accurate information on their online tax filing system. I tested out several other online tax companies and they all ask if I had health insurance from the healthcare marketplace and then immediately directs me to form 8962 but Turbotax does not. It is a simple question but Turbotax failed to grasp the importance of including it in their system.

Why is it so hidden? Why wouldn't they include this important question and place it at the beginning like other tax companies have done? We are paying customers and expect turbotax to provide everything we need without having to hunt it down. They could include this important message for their paying customers. That is what we expect them to do but now they have a lot of angry customers demanding a refund and an explanation for overlooking something so important.

What is the address to send in the correction? I know it will be in the letter but I don’t want to delay my return any longer waiting for the letter. I had a feeling I was supposed to file 1095a but Turbo tax did not prompt me

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

There is not one single address so you must wait for the letter to get the address for your return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That is all well and good, but that doesn't make things any better. I should have never switched from Tax Act. Just to investigate, I got on Tax Act last night and went through their process and was plainly asked if I received a 1095! Turbotax should refund everyone's money that has had this issue! That is just good business. Take a hint from Amazon.

Prams001

Yah they did that to me I was so pissed too when they said they can do it free and my taxes were so easy to do but they didn’t listen.

Wow, first time user and really got screwed. Can’t print my return and never filled out a 1095A. Terrible

Prams001

Your right turbo tax are a bunch of thief’s they even try to trick by telling you it’s free and it’s not

I have 1095-B health insurance does this have to be filied i just want to make sure 

@Kaylea reed wrote:

I have 1095-B health insurance does this have to be filied i just want to make sure 

A Form 1095-B is not entered on a tax return.

I am in the same boat as most of us here. I was counting on my return for multiple reasons and I too did not realize that I wasn't asked about healthcare with I filed. I am so disappointed in Turbo Tax for dropping such a major ball!! I feel they should, at the very least, refund us the fees we paid to use their service.  I will be considering other services for 2020 filing. 

I want turbo tax to refund my $80 for their mishap. Not my fault.

And I spent hours trying to fill out 1095-A to 8962 form! AARRRRRG!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies