turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

5t32

This year to do the AMT check it is requiring that I add from last year's form 6251, Line 35. There is no line 35 from last year. What do I enter?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

This year to do the AMT check it is requiring that I add from last year's form 6251, Line 35. There is no line 35 from last year. What do I enter?

You can look at Line 45 of your 2016 Form 1040.

If there is nothing reported on that line, enter a zero to answer the review question.

Make sure that you have the actual form. Upon further review I only had the work sheets. That is why there was no line 35. If it says "worksheet", it's not the actual form. It seems that Turbo tax automatically included the worksheets from 2016, so on the 2017 it was asking for verification since it appeared on the previous year. I entered $0 as the amount and then on the following step, it asks if the form was included in the previous years taxes. I stated, "No" and it let me proceed to the next step. The turbo tax program will indicate whether you are eligible or not for the AMT. It may not let you delete the form, but if you are not eligible, it should send the correct documents needed to the IRS.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies