Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

3girls4-

Turbotax.com/support I enter the 6 number code to verify my email and it refuse it each time. Done this three times.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
trees5032

Turbotax.com/support I enter the 6 number code to verify my email and it refuse it each time. Done this three times.

This might help.  I was not getting a six digit code in my email, so the Turbo analyst had me very my email address even though it should up as to be correct.  Once I went through the email verification process I received a six digit code and was able to continue with the process. Good luck!

My wife and I are flying to the Dominican Republic tomorrow and will be there until May 1st so I will be unable to complete the return by April 18th. I was unable to file my return because I am waiting for information from the mortgage company who failed to send me the 1098 so I can't file my return now. I need help to file for an extension because my wife and I are flying to the Dominican Republic and will not return until May 1, 2022 and will miss the April 18th filing date. I need help submitting the extension.

AliciaP1
Expert Alumni

In TurboTax Online you can follow these steps to file your extension:

1. Open your return in TurboTax Online.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select Pick up where you left off).
  2. Select File an extension at the bottom of the column on the left side of the screen.
    • If you don't see the File an extension button in Step 2 above, search for extend using your product's search function and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to e-file your extension.

You can also see How do I file an IRS extension (Form 4868) for more information.

@Curtis E Towers

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies