Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

CamaDav671
Returning Member

This isn’t right.

So let me get this straight, TURBOTAX tells me I didn’t file with them and there’s no record of my account order or billing. I get it. . I did some digging because I accessed TurboTax THROUGH credit karma and in turn through intuit and applied for their refund advance but got rejected. Now, I did some digging. APPARENTLY whoever this “Tax preparer is” that I was with in full service may have received my files it looks like and mailed in the return. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THAT. I had gotten out of full service.  Whoever this is apparently used a partner distributor that partners with Turbo to collect fees and issue out loans for refund advances. I don’t even have an account with them. Not only that but I was REJECTED for a refund advance. The amount matches my rejected EFILE. Now if this WAS from the full service at the time of me switching, I would’ve actually owed back because of my “unique tax situation” and what documents I had uploaded at the time. Now maybe I didn’t “file” online with TurboTax but OBVIOUSLY someone took some information and ran because this is the EXACT SAME AMOUNT THATS ON MY REJECTED FILE and the EXACT DEDUCTIONS on the TurboTax file. So what is going on. The issue is I can’t even access my own 1040 documents BECAUSE THEY DONT EXIST ON THE SITE WHERE MY REJECTED RETURN IS. This is my first filing in the UNITED STATES. I usually file my own taxes and honestly, I think I’ll just stick with that from now on. I need a manager to speak to me ASAP. Because if this IS identity theft, and I want to verify from a higher up NOT a tax agent who thinks they know everything even though 3 of them tried to make me efile THE WRONG WAY regarding my status, then I need to contact the IRS and file those forms. They already have it notated as possible ID theft or Possible Tax preparer abuse. Again. I would like a MANAGER to speak to me. Not a tax representative or a tax expert. A MANAGER. Thank you very much. 

963D1407-80AA-422D-B8A9-EBEC40A17881.jpeg

959D2296-531D-4810-AF13-A87E878A89DB.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

This isn’t right.

The screenshot you posted is for a company called Refund Advantage. That is not TurboTax.  You can use the following Help Article to see if your email is attached to a TurboTax Online account:  How can I view all my TurboTax accounts? - Intuit

If you need additional help with this matter, we can better assist you over the phone.  To speak with a TurboTax Expert (who may be able to connect you with a manager), refer to the instructions here:  How do I contact TurboTax?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies