turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kkeating

Uber Drivers were supposed to receive a free self-employed version of Turbo, but they charged me $99 (online). Anyone know what happened?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JessicaR

Uber Drivers were supposed to receive a free self-employed version of Turbo, but they charged me $99 (online). Anyone know what happened?

Did you file your taxes within the your Uber driver dashboard?

Important: Access TurboTax from your Uber driver dashboard to get your discount applied. You can access TurboTax by selecting  Tax Information  in your driver dashboard. Do not go directly to the TurboTax website to access your tax return.

This applies whether you are starting your tax return for the first time, continuing your tax return in TurboTax, or filing your tax return in TurboTax. By starting on your Uber driver dashboard, it ensures you will get the Uber discount on your TurboTax return.

When visiting TurboTax for the first time from your Driver Dashboard

If you are accessing from the Tax Information page, select the Start for free button on the TurboTax offer banner at the top of the page.

Once you’ve accessed TurboTax from your Uber driver dashboard, you’ll then need to select TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Self-Employed Live as the version of TurboTax to use for your tax return. If you don’t already have a TurboTax account, you’ll be asked to set up a user ID and password before you can start your return.

If you don’t think your discount has been applied to your order when you are about to finish filing your return, go to your Uber driver dashboard and access TurboTax from Tax Information. Finish your tax return and get to the Review your orderscreen (in the File section). You’ll see the message Your discount has been applied.

Please note that our agents are unable to apply or issue refunds for Uber partner discounts if the return was prepared at the regular TurboTax.com site.

kkeating

This is unacceptable and infuriates me. It's just a huge screw-you in addition to everything else. For this reason alone I think I will not use Turbo Tax ever again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies