dudleyjc1

This is the third time I have tried to file an amendment, but every time I get to the end and it will not let me get past step 2. It just makes me start over on step 2.

fanfare

visit the Print Center to print your revised tax return. Form 1040X should be one of the forms printed.

fanfare

skip the FILE tab ....

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Click on Just my Return to get the forms & instructions to mail the 1040X  ... but also save the return with all the worksheets for your records. 

You cannot EFILE an amended return ... when you get to the FILE tab you must choose to mail the return ... the program should have told you so more than once ....

dudleyjc1

I did not say I was trying to e-file it. Step 3 is where I’m supposed to gain access to the forms to print and mail in. But it’s not letting me past step 2. I will look again on Monday to see if I missed a tab.

Why did you amend?  It may have required an upgrade, which you must pay for first.  Or did you add a state?
dudleyjc1

I needed to add a 1099-R form.