Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
cleaster11

This is my first time filing married jointly. He has a daughter he claims whom lives with us. When answering questions about adding a dependent.. It says "MY" child.

She is not "My" biological child but do I answer those questions as if she was even though it is him who gets to claim her.  (we are filing jointly)

A step-child is entered as My Child when filing a joint tax return.  They are the biological child of one of the parents on the joint tax return.